This document describes the terms and conditions applicable to your use of the "Galaxy/eiNet" website.
- USE OF SERVICES
In consideration of your use of the "Galaxy/eiNet" website, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. In order to access certain services, you may be required to provide current, accurate identification, contact, and other information as part of the registration process and/or continued use of the services offered by "Galaxy/eiNet", and its subsidiaries or affiliated companies ("THESITE"). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to immediately notify THESITE of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. THESITE cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 1. THESITE reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
- APPROPRIATE CONDUCT
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("CONTENT"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such CONTENT originated. You understand that by using THESITE's services, you may be exposed to CONTENT that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
- mass submit duplicate or similar postings;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload, post, email or transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful CONTENT;
- upload, post, email or transmit or otherwise make available any CONTENT that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner of such rights or have the permission of the owner to post such CONTENT;
- download any file posted by another that you know, or reasonably should know, that cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying THESITE services;
- use THESITE services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on THESITE services;
- interfere with or disrupt THESITE services or servers or networks connected to THESITE services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to THESITE services;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of THESITE services or collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose;
- submit CONTENT that falsely expresses or implies that such CONTENT is sponsored or endorsed by THESITE;
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual; or
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature.
International users agree to comply with their own local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable CONTENT, including laws regulating the export of data to the United States or your country of residence.
While THESITE prohibits such conduct and CONTENT in connection with the "Galaxy/eiNet" website, you understand and agree that THESITE may or may not pre-screen CONTENT and shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any CONTENT submitted to the "Galaxy/eiNet" website. You also understand and agree that you nonetheless may be exposed to such conduct and/or CONTENT and that you use the "Galaxy/eiNet" website at your own risk.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of THESITE services, including your CONTENT, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the "Galaxy/eiNet" website and any necessary software used in connection with THESITE services ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that CONTENT contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through THESITE services or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by THESITE or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on THESITE services or the Software, in whole or in part.
THESITE grants you a personal, non-transferable and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided that you do not (and do not allow any third party to) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer any right in the Software. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to THESITE services. You agree not to access the "Galaxy/eiNet" website by any means other than through the interface that is provided by THESITE for use in accessing THESITE services.
THESITE claims no ownership or control over any CONTENT submitted, posted or displayed by you on or through the "Galaxy/eiNet" website. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any CONTENT you submit, post or display on or through the "Galaxy/eiNet" website and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, posting or displaying CONTENT on or through THESITE services which are intended to be available to the general public, you grant THESITE a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, and otherwise use, with or without attribution such CONTENT on THESITE services solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting THESITE services. This license terminates when such CONTENT is deleted from the THESITE service to which you originally submitted. THESITE reserves the right to syndicate CONTENT submitted, posted or displayed by you on or through the "Galaxy/eiNet" website and use that CONTENT in connection with any of the services offered by THESITE.
- POLICIES REGARDING COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARKS, AND BRAND FEATURES
It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the United States' Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) or other applicable law.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify THESITE agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement ("Agent"), by completing the form at Infringement Form or:
Infringement Agent: "Galaxy/eiNet"
3717 North Ravenswood Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60613
Please provide our Agent with the following Notice:
- Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- Identify the material on the "Galaxy/eiNet" website site that you claim is infringing, with enough detail so that we may locate it on the website;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you declaring under penalty of perjury that (a) the above information in your Notice is accurate, and (b) that you are the owner of the copyright interest involved or that you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address; and
- Your physical or electronic signature.
THESITE will remove the infringing posting(s), subject to the procedures outlined in the DMCA.
By submitting CONTENT to the "Galaxy/eiNet" website, you authorize THESITE to use your trademarks, service marks, trade names, proprietary logos, domain names and any other source or business identifiers in connection with THESITE's authorized distribution of the CONTENT.
- GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
You agree that THESITE has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any CONTENT and other communications maintained or transmitted by THESITE services. You acknowledge that THESITE has set no fixed upper limit on the number of transmissions you may send or receive through THESITE services or the amount of storage space used; however, we retain the right, at our sole discretion, to create limits at any time with or without notice.
- NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, or resell any portion of THESITE services, use of THESITE services, or access to THESITE services.
- MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
THESITE reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the "Galaxy/eiNet" website service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that THESITE shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of THESITE services.
Many THESITE services are supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions on the service. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by THESITE on its services are subject to change. You agree that THESITE shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred by you as a result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on THESITE services.
THESITE services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because THESITE has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that THESITE is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any CONTENT, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that THESITE shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such CONTENT, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THESITE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THESITE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THESITE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- THESITE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT i) THESITE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, ii) THESITE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THESITE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THESITE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THESITE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THESITE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THESITE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) RESULTING FROM: i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THESITE SERVICES; ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THESITE SERVICES; iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THESITE SERVICES; OR v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THESITE SERVICES.
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 13 AND 14 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES
- GENERAL INFORMATION